Swimsuits and Jesus

I suppose one can learn alot about a person's age by carefully sorting through his/her email inbox. This time last year, my inbox followed a few patterns. Every other day, I would receive an email about the latest and greatest walk in bathtubs. When those stopped, the emails about planning a funeral began. I concluded that because I didn't purchase a walk-in bathtub, someone, somewhere, was planning my funeral. Poor girl, she slipped and fell in her regular bathtub! You can only imagine my excitement and delight when I started receiving emails last week about bathing suits. These are no "regular suits." They are "miracle suits." Oh thank you, Jesus for this summer when I head out on my annual beach trip with family I'm gonna' need a swimsuit miracle or two or three. These miracle suits have been advertised many different ways. Here are just a few. "Shine bright in the shimmery seas." "It's time to celebrate the start of Spring!" "The Women Behind the Miracle" ... and all of this just has me thinking...What would happen if we approached swimsuit season a little differently? What if we shifted our gaze from the miracle suit to our miracle worker? What if we shined bright in our Savior's eyes, instead of in the shimmery seas? What if we celebrated the start of something new in God's plan for our lives, instead of just celebrating the start of spring? What if we focused on our Jesus behind the miracle? In a day and time when my inbox overflows with swimsuit miracles, my heart overflows with Jesus' miracles. Shift your gaze. Look up. Summer is coming. Let's celebrate His season to shine!

Comments

Popular Posts