For as long as I can remember, I have loved counting down until Christmas.  I have, hanging in my house, the countdown calendar I had as a little girl.  The calendar was handmade with love by my sweet Grandmama.  Throughout the years, I have cherished sharing in this "counting down experience" with my own children.  For safety reasons, I traded out the old-fashioned pins for velcro as the means by which we attached the ornaments.  Even I can still shed a tear or two over poking myself with those sewing pins!


I do remember my sister and I would take turns, every morning before school, alternating who would reach into the pocket and secure the next ornament on the tree.  By the time we reached pocket number 25, I just know all the angels burst out in song as we hoisted their tiny friend to the top of the tree.  If I could sit down at my breakfast table and have a cup of coffee with that angel I believe the conversation might go a lil' like this:  "You know some years it was touch and go if y'all were even gonna' make it to me.  I mean you do remember the small war that may have broken out as you tried to determine, for the 999th time, whose turn it was next."


It has been 2 years since I sat down to write a new entry for my blog.  In fact, it took me a while to "relearn" how to do this.  Since I last wrote, my life has been so messy.  There have been many aspects of my journey that have been a little "touch and do I really have to go this way?"  However, as the seasons of my life have ebbed and flowed, God has shown me in a glorious way what it means to take one day at a time.  He has forced me to slow down and focus on the date right in front of me.  Of even greater importance, I have learned that we should live every day of our lives as if it were a gift God designed just for us.  This gift may be wrapped in a different package tomorrow.  However, amidst the hills and valleys a promise exists.  Angels, stars and His love remain.  


As we continue to experience the joy of the Christmas season, may we celebrate His love one moment and one day at a time.  Merry Christmas to you!

Comments

Popular Posts