Seeing IS Believing!

Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. - Hebrews 11:1

If I ever write a book instead of a blog, I just know it will rise to the top of the bestseller list overnight.  The title, in my favorite color of hot pink, will simply be, Amazing Adventures with Angie.  Page after page will describe all the adventures I have enjoyed over the years, but one chapter will be a comical display of all my pet adventures.  Over the years, my doggies have consumed lethal amounts of charcoal, chocolate and chewing gum.  All doggies miraculously survived.  Thank you, dear Lord baby Jesus!

As all pet owners know, as long as your pets reside with you, you should go ahead and keep that pen in your hand.  Your pet adventures will never end.  So it is that the year 2022 delivered a new reason to pause and say to oneself, "Wow!  I never saw that one comin'!"  For it was over the past year that my rescue dog faced a diabetes diagnosis, lost his eyesight, had doggie cataract surgery (Who knew?), regained his eyesight and rose to happiness again.  To recap this from a religious perspective, I pretty much live with Lazarus!

In the days and weeks when Rocky couldn't see, he taught me so many lessons.

  • When the path before me is out of focus, God expects me to travel one moment at a time.  Small obedient steps of trust always guide me to the next destination.
  • I don't have to know every step of the journey to experience God's peace, His love and His mercy right in front of me.  Unanswered questions, suspended in time, define our faith as we wait in the unknown.
  • Change, especially abrupt change, is very hard.  God will always provide me with the strength and skills I need to persevere.
  • Angels surround me.  They guide, protect and love me when I need compassion the most.  My angels are true vessels of God's love and grace.
  • To love and be loved is one of the greatest gifts on earth.  Jesus' love is the greatest gift of all.
Do you find yourself in a blinding season?  Go slowly.  Remember, God doesn't expect you to have everything figured out.  Give yourself grace. Celebrate the love showered upon you by Jesus and your Angel Army. 

Comments

  1. Oh my….such precious words. Your mom is so proud! Love you, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word, Angie. FAITH-forsaking all I trust Him. We can’t see, but we believe He’s got us, He knows what’s next. -DC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts